If you are considering filing for divorce, need to resolve a dispute related to a custody arrangement, or are interested in drafting a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, a Great Neck divorce attorney at The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. may be able to assist you. We are highly experienced in divorce-related matters in this area and stand prepared to fight for you.
In a remarkable change in legislation that took place late in 2010, New York finally allows for no-fault divorce based on the grounds of a marriage that has been irretrievably broken for a period of 6 months. Our attorneys are skilled in handling these cases and can also assist our clients with complex custody and visitation cases as well as modifications of existing divorce orders. If your spouse is trying to file for divorce and you wish to contest this, we offer experienced counsel in divorce defense. Whether you are a mother, father, spouse, step-parent or grandparent seeking representation for a family law case in the Great Neck area, we are confident in our capability to help you reach the best possible case result.
Contact a divorce lawyer today!
When faced with divorce, you may have many questions. What will happen to your property? Will you need to pay spousal support? Will you receive sole custody of your child or children? What impact will your prenuptial agreement have on these proceedings? With our experience in Great Neck, NY divorce cases, we can properly advise you and guide you through your unique case. Please call our offices to learn more about how we can help you.
For the level of legal counsel that makes a difference in complex family law matters, contact a Great Neck divorce lawyer at our law offices.
FREE Initial Case Consultations
Efficient, Cost-Effective Representation
Tailored Solutions to Meet Your Unique Needs
Nearly a Century of Combined Experience
John Virdone, ESQ
Long Island Divorce & Family Law Attorney
John Virdone, Esq. is a founding partner of The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. Prior to founding the firm, John was a senior associate at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. He has a multi-faceted background in complex civil litigation, business law, and family law. John is a recognized expert on complex custody matters and is the regular attorney lecturer for local chapters of national organizations representing grandparental rights.
- Member of the State and Federal Bars of New York and New Jersey
- Member of the Bar of the Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- John Virdone, Financial Options for Cash Strapped Seniors, Newsli.com, January 2009
- John Virdone and Jerome Wisselman, Intrafamily Wiretapping in Custody Disputes , New York Family Law Monthly, May/June, 2006
- John Virdone and Jerome A. Wisselman, Recent Amendments Do Not Abrogate Bennett v. Jeffreys Requirements , New York Family Law Monthly, July/August, 2005 (Grandparents rights)
- Speaker, monthly since 2010, Parenting Resource Network, Friedberg Jewish Community Center
- Speaker, monthly since 2008, Long Island Kinship Care Connection
- Speaker, monthly since 2008, National Committee of Grandparents for Children's Rights
- Speaker, monthly in 2010 & 2011, Hispanic Counseling Center
- Speaker, monthly in 2009 & 2010, Child Care Council, Inc.
- Speaker, 2008 Jazz it Up Nassau Senior Event, Nassau Community College
- Speaker, 2008 Legal Workshop Program: The Impact of Abuse & Neglect, Domestic Violence and Mental Illness on Custody and Visitation. Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, May 4th 2007
- Speaker, 2008, Town of East Hampton Senior Center
- Speaker, 2008, Town of Southampton Senior Center
- Speaker, 2008, YES Community Center
- Speaker, 2007 Legal Workshop Program: "A Legal Perspective of Marital and Domestic Issues Portrayed in American Film," Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, May 4th 2007
- Speaker, 2006 Legal Workshop Program: "The Battle for Custody of Brittany Simmons: In the Best Interests of the Child? Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, April 7th and May 19th 2006, and on August 14, 2006 at St. Joseph's College, Patchogue, NY for L.I. Child and Family Development Service, Inc. ("L.I. HeadStart") members
- Speaker, 2005 Legal Workshop Program: "War of the Roses: Case Study of a Family in Crisis" An Exchange Between Legal and Mental Health Professionals, Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, April 15th , May 13th and June 10th 2005
- City University of New York School of Law 1994 Flushing, NY (Juris Doctor)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook 1989 Stony Brook, NY Bachelors of Arts
- L.I. Child and Family Development Services, Inc, Certificate of Appreciation- 2006
- Association Castelvetranesi D'America, Ltd, Man of the Year Award-1999
- Columbian Lawyers Association- Scholarship, 1993-94
- Commission for Social Justice Order Sons of Italy, Certificate of Appreciation-1992
Roberta Horne, ESQ
Roberta Horne is of counsel to The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. Ms. Horne has been practicing matrimonial and family law on Long Island and in New York City for over twenty years. She handles complex litigation in both divorce actions and in family court proceedings, including contests over equitable distribution of marital assets, custody and visitation disputes including relocation, paternity issues,financial support for children and spouses, and orders of protection. Ms. Horne also handles estate planning, probate and estate administration in Surrogate’s Court.
- St. John University School of Law (J.D. 1988)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Attorney panel member for the NYS Surrogate Decision-Making Committee for Mentally Disabled since 2001
Bernard H. Segal, ESQ Attorney
Bernard H. Segal is of counsel to The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. For over 46 years, Mr. Segal has specialized in criminal defense matters and complex litigation. He has handled thousands of criminal cases both misdemeanors and felonies. He has extensive experience with all phases of criminal litigation, including grand jury indictment hearings, arraignments, hearings to suppress evidence/statements, motion practice and jury trials. Mr. Segal acquired his extensive trial experience first with the New York Legal Aid Society, Criminal Defendant Division, where he worked for 23 years as Supervising Attorney. Mr. Segal supervised a team of 30 attorneys in that capacity and also served as a Trainer and Lecturer for other attorneys. Later, he developed a private practice in Manhattan, serving clients for over 23 more years.
Mr. Segal's experience also includes complex child custody trials; trials with respect to orders of protection and family offense petitions; and family court neglect/abuse trials.
- Rutgers University (B.A. 1964)
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D. 1968)
- New York State