QUEENS DIVORCE LAWYER
Divorce and Family Law Attorney Offering Client-Tailored Service
When you are facing divorce or other serious family law matters, the future stability of you and your family is likely at stake. If a family-related legal matter is not handled correctly, you could end up suffering from various consequences such as being placed in financial risk, losing custody of your children, having extremely limited time with your children or grandchildren, having to comply with an unfair court order and more. At The Virdone Law Firm, P.C., our Queens divorce attorneys understand how important their clients' legal matters are, so that is why they take the time to fully address these individuals' concerns and provide them with top-quality legal representation. Whether you are filing for divorce or trying to adopt a child, we can help you with solutions that are truly tailored to your specific needs.
Contact us today to schedule your consultation. Call (516) 858-2648!
Divorce and Other Family Law Cases
There are many ways our firm can help individuals who are going through divorce. We can help people who are filing for the divorce process (including military divorce), as well as those who are trying obtain divorce defense—meaning they are trying to contest divorces that were filed against them. In some cases, individuals need help making divorce modifications, or changes to their court-ordered divorce agreements. Common issues that come up for individuals who are trying to end their marriages include equitable distribution (division of property that was shared by the spouses), spousal support, child support and child custody. Couples might have to deal with these very same issues when they become legally separated and need to draw up separation agreements.
Our legal team can also provide assistance to those dealing with issues of domestic violence claims (which can lead to orders of protection), guardianship matters, adoption arrangements and various other family law matters that might not be related to divorce. Whatever type of family law matter you are dealing with, we can provide you with tough legal advocacy, whether we are negotiating with the other party on your behalf or pushing for a positive outcome in the courtroom. We strive to help our clients reach the best results possible in the most stress-free and cost-effective way.
Taking Action With Our Assistance
Don't let your spouse or former spouse take advantage of you in your legal proceedings. Get the protection you need by working with a knowledgeable lawyer. Our law firm can meet with you to discuss your case and answer any questions you might have. We are straightforward with clients and prospective clients about our fees and the services we provide. Contact us so you can receive a free initial case review by one of our Queens divorce attorneys!
Queens, New York
Queens is one of New York City's five boroughs, specifically serving as the city's largest borough in size and second-largest in population. This borough has the same boundaries as Queen County, which is the state's second-most populous county. Queens has been recognized as being one of the most ethnically diverse communities in the world. Queens County had a 2012 estimated population of more than 2.2 million. Divorces in this community are handled through the Matrimonial Office through the Queens Supreme Court. Other family law matters can be handled through the Queens County Family Court.
Contact or call our divorce and family law attorneys today at (516) 858-2648.
Queens Resource Links
Why Choose the Virdone Law Firm?
FREE Initial Case Consultations
Efficient, Cost-Effective Representation
Tailored Solutions to Meet Your Unique Needs
Nearly a Century of Combined Experience
John Virdone, ESQ
Long Island Divorce & Family Law Attorney
John Virdone, Esq. is a founding partner of The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. Prior to founding the firm, John was a senior associate at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. He has a multi-faceted background in complex civil litigation, business law, and family law. John is a recognized expert on complex custody matters and is the regular attorney lecturer for local chapters of national organizations representing grandparental rights.
- Member of the State and Federal Bars of New York and New Jersey
- Member of the Bar of the Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- John Virdone, Financial Options for Cash Strapped Seniors, Newsli.com, January 2009
- John Virdone and Jerome Wisselman, Intrafamily Wiretapping in Custody Disputes , New York Family Law Monthly, May/June, 2006
- John Virdone and Jerome A. Wisselman, Recent Amendments Do Not Abrogate Bennett v. Jeffreys Requirements , New York Family Law Monthly, July/August, 2005 (Grandparents rights)
- Speaker, monthly since 2010, Parenting Resource Network, Friedberg Jewish Community Center
- Speaker, monthly since 2008, Long Island Kinship Care Connection
- Speaker, monthly since 2008, National Committee of Grandparents for Children's Rights
- Speaker, monthly in 2010 & 2011, Hispanic Counseling Center
- Speaker, monthly in 2009 & 2010, Child Care Council, Inc.
- Speaker, 2008 Jazz it Up Nassau Senior Event, Nassau Community College
- Speaker, 2008 Legal Workshop Program: The Impact of Abuse & Neglect, Domestic Violence and Mental Illness on Custody and Visitation. Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, May 4th 2007
- Speaker, 2008, Town of East Hampton Senior Center
- Speaker, 2008, Town of Southampton Senior Center
- Speaker, 2008, YES Community Center
- Speaker, 2007 Legal Workshop Program: "A Legal Perspective of Marital and Domestic Issues Portrayed in American Film," Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, May 4th 2007
- Speaker, 2006 Legal Workshop Program: "The Battle for Custody of Brittany Simmons: In the Best Interests of the Child? Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, April 7th and May 19th 2006, and on August 14, 2006 at St. Joseph's College, Patchogue, NY for L.I. Child and Family Development Service, Inc. ("L.I. HeadStart") members
- Speaker, 2005 Legal Workshop Program: "War of the Roses: Case Study of a Family in Crisis" An Exchange Between Legal and Mental Health Professionals, Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, New York, April 15th , May 13th and June 10th 2005
- City University of New York School of Law 1994 Flushing, NY (Juris Doctor)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook 1989 Stony Brook, NY Bachelors of Arts
- L.I. Child and Family Development Services, Inc, Certificate of Appreciation- 2006
- Association Castelvetranesi D'America, Ltd, Man of the Year Award-1999
- Columbian Lawyers Association- Scholarship, 1993-94
- Commission for Social Justice Order Sons of Italy, Certificate of Appreciation-1992
Roberta Horne, ESQ
Roberta Horne is of counsel to The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. Ms. Horne has been practicing matrimonial and family law on Long Island and in New York City for over twenty years. She handles complex litigation in both divorce actions and in family court proceedings, including contests over equitable distribution of marital assets, custody and visitation disputes including relocation, paternity issues,financial support for children and spouses, and orders of protection. Ms. Horne also handles estate planning, probate and estate administration in Surrogate’s Court.
- St. John University School of Law (J.D. 1988)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Attorney panel member for the NYS Surrogate Decision-Making Committee for Mentally Disabled since 2001
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Custody and Visitation
- Child and Spousal Support
- Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
Bernard H. Segal, ESQ Attorney
Bernard H. Segal is of counsel to The Virdone Law Firm, P.C. For over 46 years, Mr. Segal has specialized in criminal defense matters and complex litigation. He has handled thousands of criminal cases both misdemeanors and felonies. He has extensive experience with all phases of criminal litigation, including grand jury indictment hearings, arraignments, hearings to suppress evidence/statements, motion practice and jury trials. Mr. Segal acquired his extensive trial experience first with the New York Legal Aid Society, Criminal Defendant Division, where he worked for 23 years as Supervising Attorney. Mr. Segal supervised a team of 30 attorneys in that capacity and also served as a Trainer and Lecturer for other attorneys. Later, he developed a private practice in Manhattan, serving clients for over 23 more years.
Mr. Segal's experience also includes complex child custody trials; trials with respect to orders of protection and family offense petitions; and family court neglect/abuse trials.
- Rutgers University (B.A. 1964)
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D. 1968)
- New York State
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Custody and Visitation
- Abuse/Neglect Proceedings